Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Mid-Century Modern House Project Part One


I am starting a new stitching project that I would like to share.  This Mid-Century Modern house motif is from my Home Sweet Home pattern set.   


In planning my floss color palette,  I decided on browns, greens, turquoise and a touch of black.  

I did a little bit of stitching and the colors are looking really good together.



However, I think I need another bright color.  I don't think yellow will work because a yellow that is bright enough to stand out with the other colors might be too bright and would become a focal point.   Perhaps orange? 
I like all of these oranges and both of the butterscotch colors ... do you have a favorite?  Any other color suggestions?



I will keep you updated as I go along :)

5 comments:

Darla Mae said...

Oh, this looks interesting! I like to colors you chose. I think the orange that is right over the door of the pattern is my favorite. I can't wait to see how this one stitches up!

I am sending this one with my Google name so I can get all comments on your posts by e-mail. But I am still the same "Darlene" that comments here.
Darlene

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Interesting drawing. I'll be watching it come to life!
xx, Carol

Kim said...

Hi Darlene! Thanks! I can't wait to see how this turns out either, I have already started on the blue and it is looking great!
Hi Carol - I will keep you posted :)

Ana Love Craft said...

Hi Kim! Lovely pattern! I like the colors you chose. My favorites are the oranges and caramel.
Happy Valentine's Day!
Hugs and love from Portugal,
Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Kim said...

Hi Ana! Thank you! I love the oranges too.
I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day :)