Thursday, March 12, 2015

Easter Embroidery Patterns


I have a few Easter embroidery finishes and a new work-in-progress to share.  First up is this sweet egg basket and flowers: 


I used an Easter basket motif and two border patterns from my Easter embroidery pattern set:


I finished stitching it yesterday and washed out all the water soluble marker lines.  Then I pressed it and took a few pictures.  When I was uploading the pictures, I spotted a mistake that I hadn't seen before - look closely at the ribbon hanging off the bow:
 


I forgot to finish the edge on the right-hand side!  It was only a few stitches missing so I was able to fill them in. 

It looks much better now! 

The stitches I used on the ribbon are the Herringbone Stitch for the inside and the Stem Stitch for the edges.  I used the Blanket Stitch for the handle.  The scalloped rim of the basket and the accent lines on the front of the basket are all done in Stem Stitch.  The outline of the basket is done in Split Stitch and Back Stitch.  I used all of these stitches on the eggs and also French Knots and Chain Stitch


The flowers and the green curvy lines are Stem Stitch.  There are also Lazy Daisy Stitch and more French Knots:


Here are the floss colors and numbers I used for this project:



My other finish is this decorated egg.  This was so fun to stitch and since I used such easy stitches, it was very quick to finish!  This is Stem Stitch for the egg border and the flowers, French Knots, and Cross Stitches with a Straight Stitch in a contrasting color over their middles:


Here are the floss colors and numbers I used for this project:



My new work-in-progress is this little duckling.  I am picking some nice colors to finish this:







No comments: