Saturday, November 1, 2014

Pink Pincushion


 Since setting up my new sewing table and arranging my sewing area, I decided I needed a new pincushion.

I had this beautiful fabric, some matching trim


and quite a few buttons.  This fabric looks good with just about every color!


 I cut two pieces out of the fabric:


 These measured 5" x 5".  I allowed for a 1/2" seam allowance on all sides.


Once I sewed these together, I filled it with some poly-fil,  added the ribbon trim and buttons.  I hand stitched down through both the button on top


and the button on the bottom.  You can see that I just folded the raw edge of the ribbon underneath the bottom button and sewed right through it to keep everything in place:


This little pincushion is working out really well and I think it looks great on the sewing table too:





9 comments:

Darlene said...

Beautiful fabric and a nice easy project...what's not to like?! It looks great on your sewing table.

Stephanie said...

What a darling pincushion and the colors are so sweet and happy :)

Have a lovely Sunday! Hugs!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

I have a few pincushions I need to make thanks for the tutorial! And everything looks better in pink! So pretty.

Kim said...

Thank you Darlene! It is a perfect fit for my table :)
Stephanie - Thank you - I love this fabric! Have a lovely Sunday!
Jane - Thanks! They are fun to make :)

Angela Lee said...

Very colorful and well done! Love the fabric choice.

Kim said...

Thank you Angela :) I love this fabric too, I still have a nice sized piece left after making this and I am really looking forward to using it again!

Anonymous said...

nice blog, i saw you thrue other bloggers...loves..

Unknown said...

beautiful pincushion!!!

Kim said...

Thank you :)