Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Salad Picture - Part Two


 Finished!  You may remember from this post when I started this project.

Since that post, I finished up all the stitching.  Here are some close ups that show the different stitches I used.  For most of the outlines, I used the stem stitch.  I also used the stem stitch for some of the interior accent lines.  I especially like the purple onion interiors, I used two colors of floss on the stem stitch:



I used multiple rows of stem stitch to give interest and weight to the edges of some of the vegetables.  You can see that on the carrots, radishes and radish leaves.  The X's are straight stitch and there are plenty of French knots:


To prepare this for framing, I evened up all the raw edges of the fabric.  This is a cotton fabric and it is so ravely!


Now for the framing.  I used this black frame, it is size 8 X 10:



The stitched area of my fabric measures about 7-1/2" x 8 -1/2", too big to use the matting provided with the frame.  Instead, I used the chipboard backing for the frame and added a piece of white paper to give a smooth white surface and then placed my fabric on top of that:



I wrapped the fabric edges around the chipboard:




Folded all the corners over:



and then, using this strong polyester thread:



I stitched back and forth on the long edges and across and back on the short edges.  This really allowed me to pull the fabric snug.  Hopefully it will keep this looking good in the frame!


All framed:


and ready to display - I love the way this project turned out!


Here is the color palette for this project:





7 comments:

Lilasesazuis said...

kim...

estou aqui encantada com seu quadrinho.

Parabéns, amiga, ficou belíssimo.

Adoro sua arte tão delicada!

beijinhos, tenha um dia bem bonito!

Lígia e =^.^=

Mary Corbet said...

This is so darling! A perfect little kitchen vignette. Your carrots are fantastic! Love the bright orange and the green. Great color choices!

Kim said...

Olá Ligia
Obrigado! :) Estou feliz que você gosta da arte !! Desejo a vocês um dia maravilhoso!

Mary Corbet - Thank you so much! I am really happy with the carrots and I love the bright orange too - so cheerful :)

Darlene said...

What a beautiful, bright picture! I think all the white makes the colors really pop and gives such a clean and crisp appearance. Such a classic look that could go in any home!

Kim said...

Hi Darlene - Thank you!! I love the colors against the white too. This was really fun to stitch!

MomWaldsPlace said...

What a fabulous project Kim! You created such a contemporary looking piece of art.

Kim said...

Mary - Thank you!! I am so happy with how this turned out. I just love it!