Monday, June 20, 2011

Red Tea Set

I wish this were a real tea set! I love the look of this tea pot in red with delicate gold accents:I stitched this using red pearl cotton and this gorgeous gold metallic flossI used some images from the Tea embroidery pattern:I used one of the matching teapot sugar and creamer sets along with the appropriately sized tea word: This would look really good on a tea "cozy":or in a picture frame: but I think I am going to frame this in a wooden embroidery hoop, decorate the hoop with red and gold ribbon and give it to my sister! It should look nice in her kitchen and she loves tea!
I hope you noticed - and were impressed - that I used the double knot stitch on the decorative stripes and the herringbone stitch for the gold bands!

9 comments:

donna!ee said...

gorgeous! thank you much for sharing :)

John'aLee said...

As usual...you are such an inspiration!

olisa said...

Lovely! The colors and pattern remind me of a fantastic Russian onion dome!!

Anonymous said...

Brilliant as ever Kim! It will look fantastic in a hoop and hanging a cosy kitchen.

xh

Kim said...

donna!ee - Thank you!
John'aLee - :) Thank you!
olisa - Thanks - it must be the gold floss!
Heidi - Thank you!

Farah said...

so cute Kim and I think best for a tray mat...
Visit me if you can
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

StitchinByTheLake said...

Kim I love this...the gold thread was a perfect addition and I would never have thought of it. I love seeing your work. blessings, marlene

SaraCreations said...

Great!!! Thank you big B!

Kim said...

Farah - Thank you! This would work beautifully as a tray mat!
Marlene - Thank you! I really love the gold thread and I love the combination of red and gold together.
Hi Sara - Thank you!